I AM NOT MY HIPS!
1) I reminded myself of psalm 139: 14 -15. I said it over and over again, not as a cliché, but with understanding and conviction.
2) I reminded myself that being fat or slim does not define who I am. I am a child of God, one of His princesses, His beloved and He created me this way for a reason, a reason I may never fathom or fully comprehend.
3) I am not my Hips. I am not my looks. Looks are impressive and important too, but I believe that the quality of my heart should matter more.
4) Hubby never complained about me being fat, so why was I concerned? Not loving oneself often boils down to insecurities and fears. So I had to identify and deal with my fears (may be in another post, I will talk about that)
5) I choose me. Yes, irrespective of how I look, feel or act, I still choose to love me. I am committed to loving myself 100%. It does matter whether I am in my primitive or refined stage, I choose me!
What about you? What negative self-talk are you paying attention to? What you give your attention to determines how you feel and act. Please take your power back. Fill your mind with positive self-talk. Choose you. Love you unconditionally because…
If you don’t love you, it will be difficult to love others or make meaningful impact in their lives.